By participating in the Gaelic Life Division 1 Fantasy Football you agree to abide by the rules of the competition. Please find below detailed rules on Competition Scoring, team information and Prizes.
- This competition runs from 25th January to 28th March;
- Scores will be accrued from eight stages: they are the eight phases of the ‘NFL Division 1’.
- No refunds are issued once you join the game;
- Entries will not be accepted after the closing date;
- Prizes are as stated and non negotiable;
- Winners must agree to any publicity required;
- County players/managers will score as detailed. Any errors made during the scoring process will be rectified as quickly as possible.
- The organiser’s decision is final in the event of any issues arising;
- Blood substitutions will not score any points for any appearances unless they feature as an official substitute;
- Cards – if a player receives a black card and then a yellow card (which then equates to a red card) the player will just receive a red card
- Each entrant must pick 21 players (2GK, 4FB, 4FF, 3MF, 4HF, 4FF).
- A maximum of 6 players from one County can be selected in your team;
- One entry per valid email address allowed;
- One entry per person allowed;
- Scores will be accrued by the 15 ‘starting’ players selected. The starting players are those in the field position at the time of the deadline during each game week;
- A member of your team must be nominated as captain. Your captain will score double the number of points (+ or -) he would usually have been awarded for any game played in. If you fail to nominate a captain you will not be awarded double points; The captaincy can be changed each week.
- Scores will be included as a result of extra time or replays;
- Players will not be deducted points in the event of them scoring an own goal or point;
- Matches abandoned for any reason will not count;
- Players can only be selected from the list of players published;
- The overall winners will be those who have amassed the highest amount of points;
- The overall winner will be entitled to the 1st prize only and can not claim any of the remaining prizes;
- The prizes are as stated. In the event of a tie, the winners will be drawn at random;
- Editor’s decision is final in all matters arising;
- By registering you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- North-West News Group will use your email address for newsletter purposes but it will not be passed onto any third parties;
- Gaelic Life staff and immediate family members are exempt from claiming any prizes (Gaelic Life staff have been highlighted as GL staff in the column ‘area from’);
- For a full list of North-West News Group competition rules please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Scoring points:||Forwards +1
Defenders +3 (includes goalkeepers)
|Scoring goals:||Forwards +3
Defenders +10 (includes goalkeepers)
|No goals conceded:||Defenders +5
|Each goal conceded:||Defenders -2
|Game win:||All players: +3|
|Cards:||Red -7 (2nd yellow or straight red)
|Appearances:||Appearance from start: 5
Appearance as sub: 1st half: 3
Appearance as sub: 2nd half: 2
|Captaincy:||Captain: double points (+ or -)
A member of your team must be nominated as captain. Your captain will score double the number of points he would usually have been awarded for any game played in. If you fail to nominate a captain you will not be awarded double points;
|Managers||Match win: +10
Match draw: +5